On this episode of the Online Marketing Made Easy Podcast, I interviewed Rick Mulready. Rick has a really interesting background that includes working for companies such as AOL and Yahoo, but most recently he’s been on a journey to share his conversations with the heads of social media from the biggest and most successful brands in the world including Nike, JetBlue, Gary Vaynerchuk, Ford Motors, and many others.
Most recently, Rick interviewed the Boston Police Department’s Public Information Chief about the massive role social media played after the recent Boston Marathon bombings.
I invited Rick on the show to talk about what he’s learned from these big brands and how we can apply those strategies and techniques to small business budgets. We cover a lot of great tips that run the gamut from content creation to how to promote on social media sites.
In this episode, here’s what we’ll cover:
- The importance of going deep with social media.
- How to avoid social media overwhelm
- How your business objectives and goals determine where to focus your social media efforts
- How to find out where your customers are online
- Why you shouldn’t chase shiny new objects when they first come out and what you should do instead.
- How to generate leads and sales using social media
- And so much more!
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Inside Social Media podcast
- The Lorna Jane Facebook Page
- The Southwest Airlines Facebook Page