This position’s primary focus is to support our online communities in a way that builds brand awareness, product engagement, and loyalty.
This position works with the Community team in shaping and implementing the overall community strategy, coming up with new ideas, and helping the entire company learn more about the unique needs and desires of our audience.
Our communities are made up of diverse aspiring entrepreneurs from many cultural backgrounds, at all stages of business. At times, this role will be responsible for moderating inclusive and productive conversations pertaining to current events, as well as personal events, inside these communities. This role requires a level of discernment and compassion to ensure that our communities are a safe place for anyone looking to create and scale their online business.
This role is mainly a work-from-home position with some travel throughout the year.
This is a full-time position that reports directly to our Community Director, while also working closely with other key members of the team.
Due to the nature of the 24/7 marketing cycle in the online world, the tasks required in this role will rarely, if ever, fit into a typical 9-5 workweek. However, there is plenty of freedom and flexibility to take care of personal tasks as well as carving out time to recharge as necessary.
During launch periods (typically a maximum of two weeks at a time), the whole team goes into the all-hands-on-deck mode. This means evenings and weekends until the job is done, and it may even mean doing tasks that aren’t normally contained within the job description of this role. For many, this can be some of the most challenging and rewarding work that we do.
Starting salary: $55,000.00
Duties and Responsibilities
The Community Coordinator supports the Community Director in any initiative related to community engagement, retention, and growth while also managing the day to day administrative tasks that help our communities thrive.
You’ll be responsible for…
- Working with the Community team in creating and implementing new ideas and community initiatives.
- Encouraging and moderating online conversations in our various communities.
- Managing the essential daily tasks inside our free and paid Facebook groups, including ensuring community policies and procedures are being met, and addressing any challenges using our existing protocol.
- Responding to community comments and customer queries in a timely manner. This means you will need to understand our training programs so that you can offer insightful, valuable, relevant support.
- You’re comfortable and more than competent at writing content that will be featured in our Facebook communities or our emails. For example, Facebook post announcements informing our community about an upcoming event.
- Keeping a pulse on conversations in the community to learn more about their needs. You’ll then be relaying feedback and findings from customer and community conversations back to the team.
- Inspiring more community engagement by answering questions, providing resources, and highlighting customer wins big and small.
- Increasing community and customer retention by preemptively providing resources that help people get unstuck and always leading with compassion and understanding.
- Work with our Customer Experience Team to ensure students are supported and empowered to reach the finish line in our programs.
- Support Amy during her FB Live sessions to engage the community, answer questions in real-time, and confirm all links are working.
Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate possesses the following strengths and skills:
- You’re a people person! Supporting others and coming up with creative solutions is your jam. You love people and facilitating genuine community connection makes you giddy.
- The ability to communicate effectively, get things done, meet deadlines and keep promises.
- You’re comfortable and more than competent at writing content that will be featured in our Facebook communities and/or our emails.
- A patient and compassionate approach to community conversations — you’ll be supporting entrepreneurs who are taking big risks, therefore it’s crucial that you take an understanding approach that puts kindness first, always. (Yes, even when you’ve heard the same question 10 times in one day!)
- A no-nonsense approach to ensuring our community guidelines are adhered to and a clear but kind approach to educating community members about those guidelines.
- Extremely flexible, compassionate, and team oriented — you stay positive and committed to solving problems instead of focusing on them.
- Mature, coachable, and happy performing community administrative tasks on a daily basis.
- A positive and outgoing attitude with a steadfast willingness to go the extra mile and show up fully for our community on a daily basis.
- If you have existing knowledge of tracking and reporting on social analytics and making suggestions for improvement based on your findings that would be a bonus but not necessary.
- Experience in social media account management is also a major plus but not necessary!
If you’d like to be considered for this role please submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter and PDF of your resume
- Myers-Briggs Personality Type
- StrengthsFinder Top–5 Strengths Report (optional)
- Kolbe A Index Assessment (optional)
- Answer the following questions:
- What win are you most proud of in your experience of supporting others or communities?
- If this was your role, how would you ensure we have a top-notch, fully supported community?
- What are three things you would suggest we implement in our community to boost engagement and support?
- Where did you hear about this opportunity?
If you’re an experienced Community Coordinator, a total people person, and you love working with a team that’s making a difference in the world, this might just be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Although we permit “side gigs” / work outside this role, it must not compete or overlap with the work we do, or interfere with your role and responsibilities within the team. Any consulting, coaching or side gigs related to marketing, business building or entrepreneurship are not permitted. This allows us to project a united front, show that we are in this together as one business, and have the greatest possible impact.
All applicants must be located within the US due to how we process payroll.
If you want to step into a role with a great opportunity, enjoy knowing all the details and have an entrepreneurial spirit, this just might be the role for you!
Want to learn a little bit more about us? Keep reading!
What We Do:
We empower entrepreneurs to build profitable online businesses that bring creative, professional and personal freedom.
In everything we do, we aim to inspire confidence and action. Our signature service is helping budding entrepreneurs break free in the areas of business that were once holding them back into new levels of joy and fulfillment. We give these entrepreneurs tangible proof that small actions every day will ultimately build a business worth creating and a life guided by their own design.
We lead a fun-loving culture and a dedicated team that is committed to excellence. We always find the upside to any situation and maintain the strength and flexibility to change course as our business evolves.
You might know Amy Porterfield from her top-rated “Online Marketing Made Easy” podcast, or from the courses and webinars she offers to help entrepreneurs build their business through social media and online marketing strategies. To learn more about our fearless leader, check out the details here.
We are ambitious.
→ We are driven, competitive (with ourselves) and are eager to succeed.
We do whatever it takes to get the job done.
→ “That’s not my job” is not part of our vocabulary, but “Let's figure this out together” is.
→ Since we are a small, but mighty team, we jump in where needed and are not afraid to get our hands dirty in the details.
→ We do whatever it takes to do the best we can in our specific roles.
When it comes to our team members, customers and community, we lead with compassion.
→ We understand that everyone is doing the very best they can in the moment.
→ We subscribe to the belief that everyone we connect with is fighting their own battle we know nothing about.
→ We believe that compassion and kindness is exactly what they need to keep moving forward.
We are all coachable.
→ We are willing to make mistakes, learn from them quickly and continue to grow.
→ We put down our defenses, take a moment to process, take the feedback and run with it.
We each take complete ownership of our roles.
→ Never will you see us pass off our job or project to someone else.
→ Although we know we can always ask for help, we handle our own tasks to the best of our ability.
→ We each feel extreme pride in the work we are doing and we own our projects like a boss.
We are resourceful to the core. You will never hear us say it can’t be done. We will find a way.
→ We are creative, strategic and thoughtful in our actions. We believe there is always a way to make it work and we will do the digging to figure it out.
We value healthy work-life integration.
→ We know that work-life balance does not exist – it’s never 50/50. However, we are passionate about making our personal lives our priority, including finding genuinely focused time for our health, our self-care, our loved ones and our dogs ;)
We are leaders.
→ We are a team of LEADERS, not soldiers. We own our individual roles. We are a mix of superstars and rockstars combined. We know we need both.
We are inclusive.
→ We believe in the diversity and inclusion of all people regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, ability, and religion. This includes thoughts, ideas, beliefs and experiences.
→ We are a pro-inclusion and anti-racist organization dedicated to upholding and enforcing policies and practices to support our commitment.
Team Porterfield Perks:
Did we forget to mention all of the Team Porterfield perks? We're fast-paced and rapidly growing. Our small but mighty team is full of talented and motivated individuals who enjoy coming into work. But these awesome perks help just a little too:
- Competitive compensation, bonus potential and flexible-time-off, along with ample company paid holidays
- Health Insurance
- Generous 401K program
- Never working on your birthday again! Hit the beach or the spa, we don’t care what you do, just don’t come to work!
- What can we say? We really like each other! From team building events and happy hours to annual team trips, we like to work hard and play hard!
- Plus you’ll be workin’ for boss lady, Amy Porterfield! (Did you know she was nominated for Forbes’ Top Social Media Influencer?)
- Forget the traditional corporate culture. Amy left that behind years ago for a reason and has created something entirely different! Have a question? Have an emergency? Having a bad day? At Team Porterfield we’re all family and here to support you however we can!
- Something you’ve always wanted to learn? We offer annual professional and personal development opportunities and you get to choose!
- While still taking care of business we like to take care of our community too! Whether it’s participating in the office food drive or Amy’s annual charitable bonus, giving back is important to Team Porterfield!