Content is the backbone of our business — seriously, nothing makes us happier than our ability to produce relevant engaging content for our audience on a consistent basis. That’s why the Content Director is such an important role at Team Porterfield.
This position’s primary focus is to advance the message and mission of the company with top-notch content creation, efficient project management, and timely delivery.
Our ideal Content Director will come to the team with ample experience and be able to match our brand voice to create, update, and refine all the different types of content we use in our business. You’re organized, creative, and know how to write engaging, thoughtful, and actionable content that our audience will adore.
The Content Director will be responsible for coming up with new ideas, knowing the online marketing industry inside out, researching and expanding our knowledge base for courses and events, as well as writing and editing a wide array of content.
You’ll be an integral part of a dedicated team that loves to have fun and make an impact in the lives of online entrepreneurs everywhere!
We’re looking for an experienced content development expert who’s just as comfortable writing long-form content as they are managing and executing big projects. You value quality and get a kick out of taking something good and making it awesome. Working with a dynamic and super talented team with BIG goals and vision for miles lights you up.
This is a remote, full-time position. If not local to Nashville, travel will be required to Nashville a few times per year.
We’re not your average company — we always make sure our team members have plenty of freedom and flexibility to live their best lives, recharge, and have fun. (Major perks of working as a remote team!)
That said, the online marketing world doesn’t take breaks — that’s why we need our team members to be flexible, too. The tasks required in this role typically fit into a Monday – Thursday 8 am – 5 pm schedule but during product launches and busy seasons, we tend to tap into hours outside that range.
- Leadership & Project Management:
- Create and execute a vision and strategy for the Content department.
- Ensure everything is on track and big picture projects are being tackled within the estimated timeline.
- Keep a pulse on what’s going on and be flexible and resourceful enough to create a new game plan when something doesn’t go as planned.
- Prioritize projects based on established delivery dates and help the Content Manager fully execute on all assignments.
- Manage communication with Marketing, Customer Experience, Operations and Community as it relates to assigned projects.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the Leadership and Content Teams.
- Produce complete and accurate research to back up any statement or strategy we share in our content.
- Brainstorm topics and expert guests for our courses, membership and content marketing.
- Consistently expand our knowledge base for all training materials.
- Work within our brand voice to build out training scripts and slide decks, additional assets such as PDF guides, pre-launch content and lead magnets.
- Create additional step-by-step training materials and guides focused on online marketing strategies and frameworks for digital courses, webinars, and live workshops that are value-based, actionable, and engaging.
- Edit content assets for flow and accuracy.
- Ensure content structure is easy to follow.
- Provide audio and video production support as needed.
- Manage content updates in course and membership platforms for our courses, membership and bonus packages.
Key Skills & Characteristics
- Knowledge and/or Professional Experience in the following is preferred:
- 3-5+ years creating long-form content such as courses, curriculum, and books.
- 3-5+ years managing content deliverables and projects.
- 3-5+ years working with writers, graphic designers, and printers.
- 3-5+ years experience leading creative teams, interns, and outside vendors.
- Dynamic leadership skills and the ability to organize, motivate and work with different personality types to accomplish a specific goal.
- A strong understanding of the importance of high-quality content in the digital marketing stratosphere and intimate knowledge of all the steps involved in the creation process.
- You enjoy creating content that will help entrepreneurs attract and expand their audiences online while increasing their impact and revenue.
- You're an effective communicator, especially in writing, and have a knack for taking big concepts and breaking them down so they’re easy for people to understand.
- You are a thinker AND a doer. This position is a mix of both. You can come up with creative content and you also don’t hesitate to jump in and implement.
- You are a natural teacher. You can take a concept and effortlessly explain it in a clear and concise manner.
- You understand the power of a good story and you are a master at asking the right questions of the right people to bring that story to life.
- You have the ability to uncover students' challenges and translate those challenges into solutions.
- You are incredibly organized.
- You are the type of person that can spot a typo from a mile away.
- You have a genuine interest in online marketing strategies and principles.
- You have a good design eye and can communicate how to make written content aesthetically pleasing in terms of graphics and slide decks.
- You can adapt well to quick turnaround and work well under pressure.
- You are innovative with content production and topics and bring new, cutting-edge ideas to the table.
If you’d like to be considered for this role please submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter and PDF of your resume
- Myers-Briggs Personality Type
- StrengthsFinder Top–5 Strengths Report (optional)
- A 3-minute video introduction (We will not review videos longer than 3 minutes).
- Answer the following questions:
- 1) This role is a unique mix of right-brain (creation and innovation) and left-brain (project management and production) skill sets. Please explain (using examples if applicable) how your experience in these areas would make you the best fit for this position.
- 2) What is your process when creating a brand new piece of content?
- 3) How do you best define your leadership style?
- 4) How did you learn about this opportunity?
Although we permit “side gigs” / work outside this role, it must not compete or overlap with the work we do, or interfere with your role and responsibilities within the team. Any consulting, coaching or side gigs related to marketing, business building or entrepreneurship are not permitted. This allows us to project a united front, show that we are in this together as one business, and have the greatest possible impact.
If you want to step into a role with a great opportunity, enjoy knowing all the details and have an entrepreneurial spirit, this just might be the role for you!
*Please note, applicants must reside within the US to be considered.
Want to learn a little bit more about us? Keep reading!
What We Do:
We empower entrepreneurs to build profitable online businesses that bring creative, professional and personal freedom.
In everything we do, we aim to inspire confidence and action. Our signature service is helping budding entrepreneurs break free in the areas of business that were once holding them back into new levels of joy and fulfillment. We give these entrepreneurs tangible proof that small actions every day will ultimately build a business worth creating and a life guided by their own design.
We lead a fun-loving culture and a dedicated team that is committed to excellence. We always find the upside to any situation and maintain the strength and flexibility to change course as our business evolves.
You might know Amy Porterfield from her top-rated “Online Marketing Made Easy” podcast, or from the courses and webinars she offers to help entrepreneurs build their business through social media and online marketing strategies. To learn more about our fearless leader, check out the details here.
Our team is ambitious (always striving for excellence), hungry (competitive to the core; always wanting to be at the top) and enthusiastic (always excited about the work we are doing.)
→ We value drive, hard work and kicking ass. When the heat’s turned up, we step up to the challenge. We are equally thoughtful about our commitments.
→ We believe that everyone is doing the very best they can in the moment. We lead with love, patience and understanding.
→ We believe in continuous growth and are open to feedback and necessary tough conversations to move us forward.
→ We are strategic and thoughtful in our actions. We believe there is always a way to make it work and we will do the digging to figure it out. We rely on each other when we get stuck.
→ We take pride in our reputation as industry leaders. We are honest, professional and intentional.
→ We believe we are all leaders. We own our individual positions like a boss.
→ We prioritize the down time so that we can be our best when we are showing up for ourselves, our team members and our students.
→ We believe in the diversity and inclusion of all people regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, ability, and religion. This includes thoughts, ideas, beliefs and experiences.
Team Porterfield Perks:
Did we forget to mention all of the Team Porterfield perks? We're fast-paced and rapidly growing. Our small but mighty team is full of talented and motivated individuals who enjoy coming into work. But these awesome perks help just a little too:
- 4 Day Workweek/Flexible Work Schedule – Outside of launches, our company operates on a 4-day workweek schedule. Spend your long weekends however you’d like — a few team favorites include hiking new trails, watching Bridgerton, meal prepping something delicious, or grabbing a beer on a patio!
- Flexible Time Off – Two words…unlimited PTO. Because working hard and taking full ownership of your role doesn’t come at the expense of lifestyle freedom.
- Sick Leave – The days of slogging to work with a piercing migraine are over. Rest up, buttercup!
- Paid Holidays – including a Thanksgiving Break and Holiday Break!
- Birthday Leave – Oh yes, you read that right. Never working on your birthday again. Hit the beach or the spa, we don’t care what you do, just don’t come to work!
- Team Vacation – Pack your bags! Amy treats her team members to an annual team trip to celebrate the accomplishments and hard work of our employees. No work — just play!
- Health Insurance – Health is wealth, my friend! And we make sure that accessing quality healthcare is never a concern for members of Team Porterfield.
- Bonus Potential – Hard work and smashing goals don’t go unnoticed — or unrewarded! — here on Team Porterfield. We’ll fill you in on all the deets about bonus potential!
- Retirement Savings Plan – Roth or 401k…whatever your preference, we’ve got a generous match!
- Financial Planning Assistance – You’re an expert at a lot of things…why not add personal finances to that list! A team of professional wealth strategy partners is available to provide financial planning assistance however you’d like it, from retirement to personal finances to investing to saving.
- Learning Opportunities – A mastermind, summit, or learning experience that will enrich your knowledge in your particular role? It’s on us!
- Life Coach Benefit – Pssst! We’ll split the bill.
- Charitable Donation – Your big heart is our favorite thing about you. It’s our delight to make a donation in your name to a charity each year.
- New Parent Leave – A benefit bundle of joy! Full-time team members receive 10 weeks of paid parental leave and an optional 2 weeks of unpaid leave.
- What can we say? We really like each other! From team building events and virtual happy hours to annual team trips, we like to work hard and play hard!
- Plus you’ll be workin’ for boss lady Amy Porterfield! (Did you know she was nominated for Forbes’ Top Social Media Influencer?)
- Forget the traditional corporate culture. Amy left that behind years ago for a reason and has created something entirely different! Have a question? Have an emergency? Having a bad day? At Team Porterfield we’re all family, here to support each other. You’ll find coworkers that cheer on your professional milestones as well as your personal victories.
- We believe in the diversity and inclusion of people regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and religion. This includes thoughts, ideas, beliefs and experiences. We are a pro-inclusion and anti-racism organization dedicated to upholding and enforcing policies to support it.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to effectively communicate via chat/messaging systems and email. The employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position and occasionally required to move from one location to another. The employee is required to constantly use computer and office productivity equipment such as a desktop computer, laptop, and printer, as well as computer software such as Google Suite for Business. The employee may frequently move up to 10 pounds.
Disclaimer: All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to which will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and compliance with Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.