This position’s primary focus is to provide excellent customer experiences for our tribe. The goal for this position is to take ownership of customers (and prospective customers) issues and follow problems through to resolution with the intention of increasing conversions, satisfaction, loyalty, and retention.
The Customer Support Contractor is an advocate on behalf of our company to our audience by representing the business on a very personal level.
The position is also an advocate on behalf of our customers, monitoring conversations and providing feedback to our company so that we ensure that every decision we make supports our community in the best way.
This position reports directly to the Director of Operations, while also working closely with other key members of the team.
This position involves working Monday – Friday, and sometimes responding to support tickets outside of normal 9 – 5 Pacific work hours. This position is 100% work from home.
Also, because our business uses an online live launch business model, a few times per year there will be the need to work additional hours on evenings and weekends preparing for program launches.
Duties and Responsibilities
You’ll be responsible for…
- Directly support the Director of Operations and Operations Coordinator in all customer support functions
- Monitor submissions via HelpScout, our customer support portal, to promptly assist, solve, or support members through a question or problem
- Assign support tickets to appropriate team members and escalate when necessary
- Serve as the customer’s cheerleader and share customer “wins” with the team
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology trends
- Creating solutions and new ideas for issues and broken processes based on customer feedback
- Supporting Amy on live webinars during launches
- Day to day management of Beacon live chat on sales pages
- Reporting any change of sentiment, content suggestion, or customer feedback to the proper team member
- Work closely with the Payment Retention Specialist
- Monitor social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, etc.) for customers needing support with webinar links, login details, etc.
- Stay up-to-date on new episodes of the “Online Marketing Made Easy” Podcast and all Amy Porterfiled training courses
Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate possesses the following strengths and skills:
- 1 to 3 years of relevant customer service experience (preferably in a virtual environment)
- Able to work on Apple operating systems
- Impeccable grammar (written and verbal) – our standards are sky high!
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills – ability to think quickly and critically
- Passionate about helping others!
- Flexibility – we move FAST. Things change, we adapt, we propel ourselves forward!
- Organized – we all wear many hats
- Coachable – must be able to take direction
- Collaborative – must work well within a virtual team!
- Resourceful — use ALL available resources to complete a task with minimal questions!
- Quick learner — the Customer Support Contractor must be able to pick up things fast and run with it!
- Experience with Keynote and PowerPoint (strongly preferred)
- Experience with HelpScout or any helpdesk ticket portal (preferred)
The Nitty Gritty:
- The schedule for this position is 20 hours per week Monday – Friday 9 am – 5 pm in any US Timezone
- This is a 1099 contract hourly position / 20 hours a week
- This is a virtual position working with our virtual team
- Applicants must be located in the US
What We Do
We empower entrepreneurs to build profitable online businesses that bring creative, professional and personal freedom.
In everything we do, we aim to inspire confidence and action. Our signature service is helping budding entrepreneurs break free in the areas of business that were once holding them back into new levels of joy and fulfillment. We give these entrepreneurs tangible proof that small actions every day will ultimately build a business worth creating and a life guided by their own design.
We lead a fun-loving culture and a dedicated team that is committed to excellence. We always find the upside to any situation and maintains the strength and flexibility to change course as our business evolves.
You might know Amy Porterfield from her top-rated “Online Marketing Made Easy” podcast, or from the courses and webinars she offers to help entrepreneurs build their business through social media and online marketing strategies. To learn more about our fearless leader, check out the details here.
Our team is ambitious (always striving for excellence), hungry (competitive to the core; always wanting to be at the top) and enthusiastic (always excited about the work we are doing.)
We do whatever it takes to get the job done.
→ “That’s not my job” is not part of our vocabulary.
→ Since we are a small, but mighty team, we jump in where needed and are not afraid to get our hands dirty in the details.
→ We do whatever it takes to do the best we can in our specific roles.
When it comes to our customers and community, we lead with compassion.
→ We understand that everyone is doing the very best they can in the moment.
→ We subscribe to the belief that everyone we connect with is fighting their own battle we know nothing about.
→ We believe that compassion and kindness are exactly what they need to keep moving forward.
We are all coachable.
→ We are willing to make mistakes, learn from them quickly and continue to grow.
→ We put down our defenses, take a moment to process, take the feedback and run with it.
We each take complete ownership of our roles.
→ Never will you see us pass off our job or project to someone else.
→ Although we know we can always ask for help, we keep our own monkeys.
→ We each feel extreme pride in the work we are doing and we own our projects like a boss.
We are resourceful to the core. You will never hear us say it can’t be done. We will find a way.
→ We are creative, strategic and thoughtful in our actions. We believe there is always a way to make it work and we will do the digging to figure it out.
→ We don’t expect others on the team to tell us what to do or how to do it. We always help each other out when needed, but ultimately, when needed, we do the work to figure things out.
We laugh . . . a lot.
→ We genuinely like working with each other, so finding the fun in the moment, even when things are tough, it is just part of our culture.
If you’d like to be considered for this role please submit the following via email to [email protected]:
- Cover letter and PDF of your resume
- Myers-Briggs Personality Type
- A 3-minute video introduction (We will not review videos longer than 3 minutes)
- StrengthsFinder Top–5 Strengths Report (optional)
- Kolbe A Index Assessment (optional)
- Answer the following questions:
- In 3 sentences or less, explain your customer support philosophy.
- Do your best to respond to the following inquiries as though you were already on Team Porterfield:
- Hi there! I’d love to be on your podcast! I’ve listened to your podcast each week religiously – and I just am dying to be a guest on your show. I am just getting started with my business, so I don’t have a website to share with you yet, but I am creating a course on how to keep your house organized. I haven’t launched my program, but I plan to this Summer. Would you be open to having me on your show? – Rachel
- I love you and I LOVE your work! I’ve been dreaming about doing List Builders Lab for like everrr and I’m feeling like this is finally my year. I’m soooo sick of my corporate job and being stuck in an office all day. Here’s the thing … I don’t know if it is right for me. I haven’t started my business and I have tons of ideas, but I don’t know if any of them will work. I just finished my life coach training last month and I’ve been working in marketing at my job, but I haven’t found the right niche. I also really love photography … I guess I’m kinda all over the place. Is List Builders Lab the right fit for me? – Monica
- I owe you one more Digital Course Academy payment, but I simply don't have the money right now. I thought I would go through Digital Course Academy and would find the magical key that would make my business would take off. I am a single mother of three, and I’m struggling to make ends meet. I am working on getting my name out there in my area and serve more clients, but it’s been slow going. I fully intend to finish DCA and begin my payments as soon as I'm able, but is there ANY way I can get an extension on my final payment? That would help SO much! – Mary
If you want to step into a role with a great opportunity, enjoy knowing all the details and have an entrepreneurial spirit, this just might be the role for you!