This position’s primary focus is to provide excellent customer experiences for our students. The goal for this position is to take ownership of customer (and prospective customer) issues and follow problems through to resolution with the intention of increasing conversions, satisfaction, loyalty, and retention.
The Customer Support Representative is an advocate on behalf of our company to our audience by representing the business on a very personal level.
The position is also an advocate on behalf of our customers, monitoring conversations and providing feedback to our company so that we ensure that every decision we make supports our community in the best way.
This position reports directly to the Director of Customer Experience, while also working closely with other key members of the team.
This is a part-time position (25-31 hours per week) that involves working Monday – Friday, outside of normal 9 – 5 Pacific work hours and weekends. This position is 100% work from home.
Also, because our business uses an online live launch business model, a few times per year there will be the need to work additional hours preparing for program launches and events.
Starting pay: $15.00 per hour dependent on experience
Duties and Responsibilities
You’ll be responsible for…
- Working closely with the Customer Experience Team and Community Team
- Monitoring submissions via HelpScout, our customer support portal, to promptly assist, solve, or support members through a question or problem
- Help and assist the Customer Experience Director with customer support strategy and needs to prepare for live launches
- Fully resolve customer support tickets and escalate any recurring issues to the appropriate team member
- Serve as the customer’s cheerleader and share customer “wins” with the team
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology trends
- Creating solutions and new ideas for issues and broken processes based on customer feedback
- Occasionally support our Community Team with Amy on “Facebook Live” and webinars during launches
- Day to day management of live chat
- Responding to community comments and customer inquiries in a timely manner.
- Thorough understanding of our training programs so that you can offer insightful, valuable, relevant support.
- Reporting any change of sentiment, content suggestion, or customer feedback to the proper team member
- Monitor Facebook inbox for customers needing support with webinar links, login details, etc.
- Stay up-to-date on new episodes of the “Online Marketing Made Easy” Podcast and all Amy Porterfield training courses
Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate possesses the following strengths and skills:
- 1 to 3 years of relevant customer service experience (preferably in a virtual environment).
- Able to work on Apple operating systems.
- Impeccable grammar (written and verbal) – our standards are sky high!
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills – ability to think quickly and critically
- Passionate about helping others – we lead our community with compassion!
- Flexibility – we move FAST. Things change, we adapt, we propel ourselves forward!
- Organized – we all wear many hats.
- Coachable – must be able to take direction and welcome direct and honest feedback in the moment!
- Collaborative – must work well within a virtual team!
- Resourceful – use ALL available resources to complete a task with minimal questions!
- Quick learner – the Customer Support Representative must be able to pick up things fast and run with it!
- Experience with Keynote and PowerPoint (strongly preferred).
- Experience with HelpScout or any helpdesk ticket portal (preferred)
If you’re an experienced Customer Support Representative, a total people person, and you love working with a team that’s making a difference in the world, this might just be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Although we permit “side gigs” / work outside this role, it must not compete or overlap with the work we do, or interfere with your role and responsibilities within the team. Any consulting, coaching or side gigs related to marketing, business building or entrepreneurship are not permitted. This allows us to project a united front, show that we are in this together as one business, and have the greatest possible impact.
All applicants must be located within the US due to how we process payroll.
If you want to step into a role with a great opportunity, enjoy knowing all the details and have an entrepreneurial spirit, this just might be the role for you!
Want to learn a little bit more about us? Keep reading!
What We Do:
We empower entrepreneurs to build profitable online businesses that bring creative, professional and personal freedom.
In everything we do, we aim to inspire confidence and action. Our signature service is helping budding entrepreneurs break free in the areas of business that were once holding them back into new levels of joy and fulfillment. We give these entrepreneurs tangible proof that small actions every day will ultimately build a business worth creating and a life guided by their own design.
We lead a fun-loving culture and a dedicated team that is committed to excellence. We always find the upside to any situation and maintain the strength and flexibility to change course as our business evolves.
You might know Amy Porterfield from her top-rated “Online Marketing Made Easy” podcast, or from the courses and webinars she offers to help entrepreneurs build their business through social media and online marketing strategies. To learn more about our fearless leader, check out the details here.
→ We value drive, hard work and kicking ass. When the heat’s turned up, we step up to the challenge. We are equally thoughtful about our commitments.
→ We believe that everyone is doing the very best they can in the moment. We lead with love, patience and understanding.
→ We believe in continuous growth and are open to feedback and necessary tough conversations to move us forward.
→ We are strategic and thoughtful in our actions. We believe there is always a way to make it work and we will do the digging to figure it out. We rely on each other when we get stuck.
→ We take pride in our reputation as industry leaders. We are honest, professional and intentional.
→ We believe we are all leaders. We own our individual positions like a boss.
→ We prioritize the down time so that we can be our best when we are showing up for ourselves, our team members and our students.
→ We believe in the diversity and inclusion of all people regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, ability, and religion. This includes thoughts, ideas, beliefs and experiences.
Team Porterfield Perks:
Did we forget to mention all of the Team Porterfield perks? We're fast-paced and rapidly growing. Our small but mighty team is full of talented and motivated individuals who enjoy coming into work. But these awesome perks help just a little too:
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid holidays
- New Parent Leave – for soon to be parents
- Never working on your birthday again! Hit the beach or the spa, we don’t care what you do, just don’t come to work!
- Once a year charitable donation to your charity of choice on behalf of the company
- What can we say? We really like each other!
- Plus you’ll be workin’ for boss lady, Amy Porterfield! (Did you know she was nominated for Forbes’ Top Social Media Influencer?)
- Forget the traditional corporate culture. Amy left that behind years ago for a reason and has created something entirely different! Have a question? Have an emergency? Having a bad day? At Team Porterfield we’re all family and here to support you however we can!
- Something you’ve always wanted to learn? We offer annual professional and personal development opportunities and you get to choose!
- While still taking care of business we like to take care of our community too! Whether it’s participating in the office food drive or Amy’s annual charitable bonus, giving back is important to Team Porterfield!
If you’d like to be considered for this role please submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter and PDF of your resume
- Myers-Briggs Personality Type
- StrengthsFinder Top–5 Strengths Report (optional)
- Kolbe A Index Assessment (optional)
- Answer the following questions:
- In 3 sentences or less, explain your customer support philosophy.
- Do your best to respond to the following inquiries as though you were already on Team Porterfield:
- Hi there! I’d love to be on your podcast! I’ve listened to your podcast each week religiously – and I just am dying to be a guest on your show. I am just getting started with my business, so I don’t have a website to share with you yet, but I am creating a course on how to keep your house organized. I haven’t launched my program, but I plan to this Summer. Would you be open to having me on your show? – Rachel
- I love you and I LOVE your work! I’ve been dreaming about doing List Builders Society™️ for like everrr and I’m feeling like this is finally my year. I’m soooo sick of my corporate job and being stuck in an office all day. Here’s the thing … I don’t know if it is right for me. I haven’t started my business and I have tons of ideas, but I don’t know if any of them will work. I just finished my life coach training last month and I’ve been working in marketing at my job, but I haven’t found the right niche. I also really love photography … I guess I’m kinda all over the place. Is List Builders Society™️ the right fit for me? – Scott
- I owe you one more Digital Course Academy™️ payment, but I simply don't have the money right now. I thought I would go through Digital Course Academy™️ and would find the magical key that would make my business would take off. I am a single mother of three, and I’m struggling to make ends meet. I am working on getting my name out there in my area and serve more clients, but it’s been slow going. I fully intend to finish DCA and begin my payments as soon as I'm able, but is there ANY way I can get an extension on my final payment? That would help SO much! – Mary
- How did you hear about this opportunity?