You’re a detail oriented, organized, and experienced executive assistant with no problem juggling multiple tasks and responsibilities in a fast paced environment. Supporting others is your thing. Satisfaction for you means taking care of the little (and big) things that help leaders lead more effectively.
This position’s primary focus is to partner with Chloe, the Chief Marketing Officer of the company, in ensuring her schedule, projects and commitments are executed flawlessly. You’ll be responsible for making sure her team and contractors have a high-touch, intimate and professional experience with her.
The Executive Assistant position might be PERFECT for you if you’re a positive, tech-savvy, and organized self-starter with experience in a similar role.
You’re excited to work with a team that’s making waves in the online marketing industry and committed to changing lives and businesses. You also understand that more often than not, it’s the little things that really count (it’s this mentality that helps you excel in a support role).
We’re looking for someone who’s happy to keep up with the fast pace of our growing team. Our ideal candidate knows how to communicate with warmth and grace. Attention to detail and interpersonal skills that ensure discretion and confidentiality are essential.
A commitment to continuously learning, improving, and refining your skills is a part of who you are. As an online business, we do things differently and we need someone who’s adaptable and able to work independently most of the time.
We’re looking for a professional, experienced Executive Assistant who shows up daily with a get-it-done attitude and is always thinking ahead. If you’re the kind of person that thrives being surrounded by a diverse team of exceptional people dedicated to changing the lives of online entrepreneurs all over the world, keep reading…
This is a full-time position — please don’t apply if you have other clients or manage a virtual assistant agency.
The Executive Assistant position will be mostly virtual, but you will work with Chloe in person on occasion. You must live in San Diego County, LA County, Riverside County, or Orange County and be available Monday-Friday between 8am – 6pm PST.
During launch periods (typically a maximum of two weeks at a time), the whole team goes into the all-hands-on-deck mode. This means evenings and weekends until the job is done, and it may even mean doing tasks that aren’t normally contained within the job description of this role. For many, this can be some of the most challenging and rewarding work that we do.
This role not only requires being available during key periods of the year, but also when Chloe needs additional support outside of regular business hours. This may include on Chloe’s travel days where she may need to reach out unexpectedly.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Executive Assistant is responsible for managing and organizing Chloe’s busy calendar and email inbox. You must be a strategic thinker with clear, quick, and effective communication skills.
Your responsibilities will include…
- Managing Chloe’s Google calendar, appointments, travel, and some personal commitments.
- Managing Chloe’s inbox and providing a high-level of responsiveness and problem-solving skills aligned with a warm and professional attitude.
- Being Chloe’s handler — you’ll be in charge of helping Chloe keep her time and schedule in order on her behalf.
- Example duties include:
- Helping plan and book travel
- Ensuring Chloe hits her deadlines
- Always making sure Chloe is in the right place, at the right time
- Working and collaborating with other key team members to schedule and execute new initiatives.
- Helping to set up meetings using Zoom.
- Writing, proofreading, and the ability to capture Chloe’s ideas and turn them into written text (emails, team communications, etc.)
- Helping to manage files, documents, and photos in both Dropbox and Google Drive while maintaining a Marie Kondo like organizational structure.
- Example duties include:
- Manage miscellaneous projects as assigned
Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate possesses the following strengths and skills:
- 3 years experience assisting an executive or high level director
- A strong ability to manage multiple responsibilities daily. Set up calendar appointments, send out correspondence, track delayed payments, manage group settings, book travel…all in a day’s work!
- You’re a thinker and a doer. You don’t need to be told what to do — you’re innovative, resourceful, and able to anticipate what needs to get done.
- You must be a self-starter with the ability to be productive from your home office.
- A positive, high-energy attitude and get it done mindset that searches for solutions instead of focusing on struggles are essential. You think about your work in terms of outcomes and results, not hours worked.
- Highly organized and able to anticipate calendar needs well beyond this week.
- An interest in engaging with the team and contractors while communicating on Chloe’s behalf and doing so with grace.
- A high level of professionalism and emotional maturity (we don't do drama here).
- Detail is your middle name. You have high standards and mediocre is not a word in your vocabulary.
- You’re invested in becoming the best you can be and excited to work with a fun lovin’ team who’s happy to help you get there!
- Responsive and communicative. You know how to close the loop and confirm assignments are received and completed.
- Incredibly technically competent and current. You must understand how to manage the following systems:
- Working knowledge of Google Calendar + G Suite
- Working knowledge of Zoom meeting
- Working knowledge of Mac products
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills — you have a knack for putting ideas into words and ensuring everyone is on the same page.
If you’d like to be considered for this role please submit the following via email to email@example.com:
- Cover letter and PDF of your resume
- Myers-Briggs Personality Type
- StrengthsFinder Top–5 Strengths Report (optional)
- Kolbe A Index Assessment (optional)
- Answer the following questions:
- Chloe is looking for a “Handler” – what does that mean to you and why are you the perfect Handler?
- We are looking for a calendar management expert. Give us 3 reasons why that is you.
Although we permit “side gigs” / work outside this role, it must not compete or overlap with the work we do, or interfere with your role and responsibilities within the team. Any consulting, coaching or side gigs related to marketing, business building or entrepreneurship are not permitted. This allows us to project a united front, show that we are in this together as one business, and have the greatest possible impact.
If you’re an experienced executive assistant, a total people person, and you love working with a team that’s making a difference in the world, this might just be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
If you want to step into a role with a great opportunity, enjoy knowing all the details and have an entrepreneurial spirit, this just might be the role for you!
Want to learn a little bit more about us? Keep reading!
What We Do:
We empower entrepreneurs to build profitable online businesses that bring creative, professional and personal freedom.
In everything we do, we aim to inspire confidence and action. Our signature service is helping budding entrepreneurs break free in the areas of business that were once holding them back into new levels of joy and fulfillment. We give these entrepreneurs tangible proof that small actions every day will ultimately build a business worth creating and a life guided by their own design.
We lead a fun-loving culture and a dedicated team that is committed to excellence. We always find the upside to any situation and maintain the strength and flexibility to change course as our business evolves.
You might know Amy Porterfield from her top-rated “Online Marketing Made Easy” podcast, or from the courses and webinars she offers to help entrepreneurs build their business through social media and online marketing strategies. To learn more about our fearless leader, check out the details here.
We are ambitious.
→ We are driven, competitive (with ourselves) and are eager to succeed.
We do whatever it takes to get the job done.
→ “That’s not my job” is not part of our vocabulary, but “Let's figure this out together” is.
→ Since we are a small, but mighty team, we jump in where needed and are not afraid to get our hands dirty in the details.
→ We do whatever it takes to do the best we can in our specific roles.
When it comes to our team members, customers and community, we lead with compassion.
→ We understand that everyone is doing the very best they can in the moment.
→ We subscribe to the belief that everyone we connect with is fighting their own battle we know nothing about.
→ We believe that compassion and kindness is exactly what they need to keep moving forward.
We are all coachable.
→ We are willing to make mistakes, learn from them quickly and continue to grow.
→ We put down our defenses, take a moment to process, take the feedback and run with it.
We each take complete ownership of our roles.
→ Never will you see us pass off our job or project to someone else.
→ Although we know we can always ask for help, we handle our own tasks to the best of our ability.
→ We each feel extreme pride in the work we are doing and we own our projects like a boss.
We are resourceful to the core. You will never hear us say it can’t be done. We will find a way.
→ We are creative, strategic and thoughtful in our actions. We believe there is always a way to make it work and we will do the digging to figure it out.
We value healthy work-life integration.
→ We know that work-life balance does not exist – it’s never 50/50. However, we are passionate about making our personal lives our priority, including finding genuinely focused time for our health, our self-care, our loved ones and our dogs ;)
We are leaders.
→ We are a team of LEADERS, not soldiers. We own our individual roles. We are a mix of superstars and rockstars combined. We know we need both.
We are inclusive.
→ We believe in the diversity and inclusion of all people regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, ability, and religion. This includes thoughts, ideas, beliefs and experiences.
→ We are a pro-inclusion and anti-racist organization dedicated to upholding and enforcing policies and practices to support our commitment.
Team Porterfield Perks:
Did we forget to mention all of the Team Porterfield perks? We're fast-paced and rapidly growing. Our small but mighty team is full of talented and motivated individuals who enjoy coming into work. But these awesome perks help just a little too:
- Competitive compensation, bonus potential and flexible-time-off, along with ample company paid holidays
- Health Insurance
- Generous 401K program
- Never working on your birthday again! Hit the beach or the spa, we don’t care what you do, just don’t come to work!
- What can we say? We really like each other! From team building events and happy hours to annual team trips, we like to work hard and play hard!
- Plus you’ll be workin’ for boss lady, Amy Porterfield! (Did you know she was nominated for Forbes’ Top Social Media Influencer?)
- Forget the traditional corporate culture. Amy left that behind years ago for a reason and has created something entirely different! Have a question? Have an emergency? Having a bad day? At Team Porterfield we’re all family and here to support you however we can!
- Something you’ve always wanted to learn? We offer annual professional and personal development opportunities and you get to choose!
- While still taking care of business we like to take care of our community too! Whether it’s participating in the office food drive or Amy’s annual charitable bonus, giving back is important to Team Porterfield!