We’re in the business of producing impactful digital courses to empower and teach online business owners how to grow and scale their business. Your job as the Marketing Project Manager will be to help us get those courses into the hands of the people who need them most and ensure we’re on track to continually expand our audience. Sound fun? That’s because it is!
Our perfect candidate is a star when it comes to managing all the moving pieces involved in an array of marketing projects. You’re detail oriented, organized, and great at juggling the different timelines and people involved in various initiatives. At the end of the day, you find joy in “closing the loop”, checking off tasks from your to-do list and completing projects because you know that means you made a positive difference.
You love online marketing — email marketing, webinars, sales funnels, conversion optimization, analytics, and launches are your love language. You’re not afraid to dig into the data and pinpoint blind spots but you’re equally fearless in your ability to zoom out and bring big picture goals to life.
As a company that teaches online marketing, it’s This Is Us season finale level important that our Marketing Project Manager is committed to excellence and always game to learn new things. We need someone who’s experienced, confident in their online marketing skills, and ready to dive in headfirst and get results.
This position’s primary focus is to manage and execute the marketing vision and strategies of the company. Responsibilities will include project management, conversion optimization of the promotions of our signature programs, creatively execute campaigns to reach or exceed our list building goals, and keeping the team and budget on track. These initiatives are an integral part of our success and ability to change more lives.
The Marketing Project Manager position would be PERFECT for you if the idea of working with a fast-paced team that’s always on the leading edge excites you to no end!
Our ideal candidate doesn’t just look at a launch map and see a bunch of squares — they also see potential lives changed, potential profit, and potential for growth — and it’s those things that drive them to succeed.
Staying up to date and watching others in the space is fun for you (you probably have a swipe file that’s about to put you over your Google Drive limit). You’re a forward thinking action taker and continuously learning, improving, and refining your skills is a part of who you are.
This role is full-time and a mix of work-from-home as well as in-person collaboration. You’ll report directly to our Senior Marketing Manager and work closely with other key team members.
We’re not your average company — we always make sure our team members have plenty of freedom and flexibility to live their best lives, recharge, and have fun (major perks of working as a remote team!)
That said, the online marketing world doesn’t take breaks — that’s why we need our team members to be flexible too. The tasks required in this role typically fit into an 8-6pm (pacific) schedule but during product launches and busy seasons, we tend to tap into hours outside that range.
Our dream Marketing Project Manager is open to finding their own rhythm that serves their life while aligning with the guiding principle of “until the job is done”.
Starting salary: $55,000
Duties and Responsibilities
The Marketing Project Manager will be working closely with the Senior Marketing Manager to support and establish workflows for revenue generating projects in addition to long-term growth initiatives like email list building. That means understanding our goals, staying organized, thinking 10 steps ahead, improving user experience, digging into data and analytics, collaborating and brainstorming new funnels, optimizing existing ones, and more.
This position requires a high-level of responsibility, accountability and experience. Launches are one of the most important things we do and as leaders in the online marketing space we need our Marketing Project Manager to be committed to always doing their best and getting better each day alongside us.
Some of your responsibilities will include…
- Supporting the project management of our 2x per year Digital Course Academy (DCA) launch to run as smooth as Tennessee whiskey.
- Working on all efforts to grow and maintain our email list (our most important asset as a company!) from top to bottom.
- Maintaining email list hygiene by keeping it accurate, up-to-date and sending re-engagement campaigns.
- Working with our Marketing & Customer Experience team to boost email engagement with the goal of getting our list members to become students of our core programs.
- Supporting all the moving pieces of additional audience development ideas and opportunities as they arise.
- Coordinating with our Marketing, Content and Design team to ensure timely deliverables and achieve project objectives – you love being that person who knows what’s happening where and when to keep others informed.
- Ensuring all marketing assets are aligned and consistent with our brand standards — you understand that what sets us apart isn’t just our marketing strategy but the quality of our copy, design, and user experience.
- Testing usability and functionality of our website and landing pages – you enjoy putting yourself in the shoes of our customers to review user interface components and enhance their experience.
- Overseeing our email marketing campaigns and digging into the data to make sure everything we put out is performing optimally.
- Working closely with other key team members to execute the big picture vision for our launches and list building campaigns.
- Assisting with CRM and data migration in the future. We are planning to move to a new CRM tool and you’ll play an integral part by building a seamless process, transferring info and eliminating the old software.
- Always learning and implementing new skills and ideas where they make sense. You pride yourself in staying up to date with the latest digital marketing strategies and bring informed input to the marketing team
- Finding and implementing ways to tighten up and improve our current processes – plus you are a big fan of organizing, documenting and systematizing them.
Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate possesses the following strengths and skills:
- 2+ years experience in the world of digital marketing, launches, and project management
- 1 + years of experience with CRM tool, list building campaigns and managing email list hygiene (required)
- A love of numbers, and data and the ability to translate those metrics into tangible, analytic actions we can take to improve our results
- The ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously — you get things done and meet deadlines
- Detail oriented and high standards when it comes to quality
- Creative problem solving skills and the ability to think ahead and juggle lots of projects without dropping the ball
- Positive, flexible, solution oriented, and excited to work with a diverse team of digital marketing pros working toward common goals
- Professional, coachable, and happy doing high-level projects as well as mundane design tasks (there will be a mix of both!)
- Outstanding communication skills (both written and verbal) — you have a knack for offering constructive feedback, effective delegation, and ensuring everyone is on the same page
- Ability to create strong relationships with vendors, contractors, customers, key people from other organizations
If you’d like to be considered for this role please submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter and PDF of your resume
- Myers-Briggs Personality Type
- StrengthsFinder Top–5 Strengths Report (optional)
- Kolbe A Index Assessment (optional)
- Answer the following questions:
- Why do you think you are the best fit for this position?
- Tell us of a time you worked on creating and executing campaigns to grow email subscriber list. How did you manage the moving pieces and what was the end result?
- How did you hear about this opportunity?
If you’re an experienced project manager, enjoy list building, a total people person, and you love working with a team that’s making a difference in the world, this might just be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Although we permit “side gigs” / work outside this role, it must not compete or overlap with the work we do, or interfere with your role and responsibilities within the team. Any consulting, coaching or side gigs related to marketing, business building or entrepreneurship are not permitted. This allows us to project a united front, show that we are in this together as one business, and have the greatest possible impact.
All applicants must be located within the US due to how we process payroll.
If you want to step into a role with a great opportunity, enjoy knowing all the details and have an entrepreneurial spirit, this just might be the role for you!
Want to learn a little bit more about us? Keep reading!
What We Do:
We empower entrepreneurs to build profitable online businesses that bring creative, professional and personal freedom.
In everything we do, we aim to inspire confidence and action. Our signature service is helping budding entrepreneurs break free in the areas of business that were once holding them back into new levels of joy and fulfillment. We give these entrepreneurs tangible proof that small actions every day will ultimately build a business worth creating and a life guided by their own design.
We lead a fun-loving culture and a dedicated team that is committed to excellence. We always find the upside to any situation and maintain the strength and flexibility to change course as our business evolves.
You might know Amy Porterfield from her top-rated “Online Marketing Made Easy” podcast, or from the courses and webinars she offers to help entrepreneurs build their business through social media and online marketing strategies. To learn more about our fearless leader, check out the details here.
We are ambitious.
→ We are driven, competitive (with ourselves) and are eager to succeed.
We do whatever it takes to get the job done.
→ “That’s not my job” is not part of our vocabulary, but “Let's figure this out together” is.
→ Since we are a small, but mighty team, we jump in where needed and are not afraid to get our hands dirty in the details.
→ We do whatever it takes to do the best we can in our specific roles.
When it comes to our team members, customers and community, we lead with compassion.
→ We understand that everyone is doing the very best they can in the moment.
→ We subscribe to the belief that everyone we connect with is fighting their own battle we know nothing about.
→ We believe that compassion and kindness is exactly what they need to keep moving forward.
We are all coachable.
→ We are willing to make mistakes, learn from them quickly and continue to grow.
→ We put down our defenses, take a moment to process, take the feedback and run with it.
We each take complete ownership of our roles.
→ Never will you see us pass off our job or project to someone else.
→ Although we know we can always ask for help, we handle our own tasks to the best of our ability.
→ We each feel extreme pride in the work we are doing and we own our projects like a boss.
We are resourceful to the core. You will never hear us say it can’t be done. We will find a way.
→ We are creative, strategic and thoughtful in our actions. We believe there is always a way to make it work and we will do the digging to figure it out.
We value healthy work-life integration.
→ We know that work-life balance does not exist – it’s never 50/50. However, we are passionate about making our personal lives our priority, including finding genuinely focused time for our health, our self-care, our loved ones and our dogs ;)
We are leaders.
→ We are a team of LEADERS, not soldiers. We own our individual roles. We are a mix of superstars and rockstars combined. We know we need both.
We are inclusive.
→ We believe in the diversity and inclusion of all people regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, ability, and religion. This includes thoughts, ideas, beliefs and experiences.
→ We are a pro-inclusion and anti-racist organization dedicated to upholding and enforcing policies and practices to support our commitment.
Team Porterfield Perks:
Did we forget to mention all of the Team Porterfield perks? We're fast-paced and rapidly growing. Our small but mighty team is full of talented and motivated individuals who enjoy coming into work. But these awesome perks help just a little too:
- Competitive compensation, bonus potential and flexible-time-off, along with ample company paid holidays
- Health Insurance
- Generous 401K program
- Never working on your birthday again! Hit the beach or the spa, we don’t care what you do, just don’t come to work!
- What can we say? We really like each other! From team building events and happy hours to annual team trips, we like to work hard and play hard!
- Plus you’ll be workin’ for boss lady, Amy Porterfield! (Did you know she was nominated for Forbes’ Top Social Media Influencer?)
- Forget the traditional corporate culture. Amy left that behind years ago for a reason and has created something entirely different! Have a question? Have an emergency? Having a bad day? At Team Porterfield we’re all family and here to support you however we can!
- Something you’ve always wanted to learn? We offer annual professional and personal development opportunities and you get to choose!
- While still taking care of business we like to take care of our community too! Whether it’s participating in the office food drive or Amy’s annual charitable bonus, giving back is important to Team Porterfield!