On this episode of the Online Marketing Made Easy Podcast, we talk all about creating a brand new podcast. My special guest is a recent Best of 2013 iTunes award winner, John Dumas of Entrepreneur on Fire. His show is unique in that he broadcasts seven days per week, which takes a crazy commitment!
John has interviewed over 425 people to date and his interviews tell the stories of entrepreneurs who have “made it” in their niche. The stories of his guests are inspiring to say the least and help others out there who are looking to take their own entrepreneurial leap.
I wanted to create this episode at this specific time because at the time of this recording, I’ve been podcasting for almost a full year, and it’s been an extremely rewarding experience.
I LOVE podcasting. It’s opened so many doors for me, introduced me to an entirely new audience, and has allowed me to expand my brand beyond my Facebook trainings.
It’s also given me more confidence in my business and has created opportunities for me that I would not have been given had I not created this show. I highly recommend podcasting to anyone that is looking to expand their brand and take things beyond their blog and website.
This episode is extremely valuable. There are tips for those just thinking about starting a podcast, or just starting out, AND there are some great ideas in there for those that have been podcasting awhile and want to take their show to the next level. So we have something for everyone here!
In this episode, here’s what we’ll cover:
- How to get started with podcasting
- How John went from having zero online presence to building a six-figure monthly income
- Tips for those questioning whether or not they have what it takes to podcast
- The minimal equipment needed to start a podcast
- Steps needed to produce a podcast
- How podcasts are found in podcast directories
- The importance of great show notes and how to best utilize them
- How to monetize a podcast
- The importance of intros and outros, and how to get them done well
- What aspects of podcasts you can outsource
- And so much more!
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Entrepreneur on Fire
- John’s story [video]
- John on Twitter
- John’s blog post on podcast sponsorships
- Podcasters Paradise
- Blue Yeti
- Heil PR-40
- Logitech ClearChat Headset
- Amazon S3
- Tim Paige (for intros and outros)
- My first interview on Entrepreneur on Fire
- My second interview on Entrepreneur on Fire
Go here to get John’s eBook, Podcast Launch FREE until February 1st!