On this episode of the Online Marketing Made Easy Podcast, I interviewed Melanie Duncan, the creator of the extremely popular online training program, Power of Pinning. Melanie is also the owner of Luxury Monograms and CustomGreekThreads, both online businesses for physical products. So she has a great mix of experience and knowledge using Pinterest to promote an online training program, like many of you have listening now, as well as using Pinterest to promote physical products.
For this show I asked Melanie to focus on how to use Pinterest for lead generation in addition to using it to increase web traffic.
If you are a coach, consultant, author, speaker, or a service professional (such as a local marketer or social media manager), then this episode will be extremely valuable to you.
In this episode, here’s what we’ll cover:
- The secret to the success of Melanie’s program, The Power Of Pinning
- How to best use multiple Pinterest accounts
- The advantages that service providers have on Pinterest over those who sell physical products
- The importance of the first two rows on your Pinterest page and how to use them effectively
- How to use “teaser images” to increase traffic and build your list
- Why using tall images is important and how to bring even more attention to them
- How to change a personal Pinterest page to a business page and the advantages of doing so
- The biggest mistakes that online marketers make on Pinterest and how to overcome them
- What ONE action you should take in the next 24 hours in order to increase your effectiveness on Pinterest
- And so much more!
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- The Power of Pinning
- Melanie’s business Pinterest Page
- HubSpot article, “19 Reasons You Should Include Visual Content in Your Marketing [Data]“
- Pinterest for Business