On this episode of the Online Marketing Made Easy Podcast, I interview my good friend, copywriting expert, Ray Edwards. Ray and I go way back. I first met him when I was still working for Tony Robbins. At the time we were in need of a killer sales letter for a big product we had just created, and Frank Kern, a master at online marketing, suggested we reach out to Ray.
As it turns out, hiring Ray to write the sales letter was one of the best decisions we ever made because he nailed it. The sales letter Ray wrote converted really well; every time we used it, our sales were through the roof!
Copywriting is something that a lot of my clients have questions about, and I have to admit that it doesn’t come naturally to me; I have to really work at it! But it’s a super important skill to master because impact and revenue are directly tied your ability to write great copy, so I invited Ray on the show to share his wisdom in this area with all of you. I know you won’t be disappointed!
In this episode, here’s what we’ll cover:
- One of the first things you need to learn if you want to start a business or create a second income stream
- The gene you do NOT need to be born with in order to be a good copywriter
- Why you need to do more than just write great content
- What your value-add content should always have
- How to know if you’re giving away too much
- How to create a lot of content in a short period of time
- 4 Rules of Writing
- All the emails you send should have a “promotional” element to them
- Every email you send should include a link
- The brain doesn’t differentiate between an actual experience, and a vividly imagined experience. Therefore, help your readers vividly imagine doing what you recommend, and the outcome
- Listening to what your audience tells you is the best way to know what questions in the emails you send
- The copy you write needs to be scanable. You can accomplish this by using bolded headers, bullet points, and so on