On this episode of the Online Marketing Made Easy Podcast, I interview my good friend, Laura Roeder.
I’ve had Laura on the podcast before, but I wanted to have her on again, because she is a master in setting up processes and systems to grow your business. In fact, she recently created a new program called Hire Your First Project Manager.
I went through the program myself and loved it so much that I wanted to have Laura on so she could share some of the tips in the program with all of you.
In this episode, here’s what we’ll cover:
- The difference between a project manager and a VA
- Why your project manager should work only for you, rather than have other clients
- How much you should pay a project manager
- The role of a project manager and what it takes to hire and train one
- A mindset shift that needs to happen before you hire your first project manager
- How you should think about how much you should pay your project manager, and what you should do less of so you an afford to hire help
- The golden ticket when it comes to hiring team members
- Why you don’t have to find a project manager who is a perfect fit for your business
- And so much more!
- There are a lot of highly skilled, underemployed people out there now, who would love to work as a project manager
- You’re in the right place to hire a project manager if you:
- Feel overwhelmed, burned out, or emotionally exhausted
- Have a bunch of ideas and projects you want to tackle but are too busy
- A project manager keeps you organized and helps you to continue moving forward with the things you really want to do
- It’s more important for someone to have the ability to learn than it is for them to already know all of the programs you use
- Be willing to take the time to train your project manager and don’t just tell them what to do, but why you want it done
- Spend less money on programs and then use that money to pay a project manager
- The main things a project manager should help you do:
- Translate your goals and plans into daily tasks
- Make sure things are being done on time and if they aren’t, figure out why
- Ensure not just that the work is done, but that the quality is high
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Online Marketing Made Easy Podcast, Episode 10
- Edgar (Laura’s new social media scheduling tool)
- Hire Your First Project Manager