Today’s episode is #100 (let’s celebrate!)– and I’ve got another hot topic I wanted to talk to you all about. This hot topic is focused on a big mistake I see a lot (especially in the first two years of business!) but I rarely talk about. Until now.
It begins with deciding on which path you should take for your business: Horizontal OR Vertical?
Which is best for your business right now? How do you know if you are on the right path? And which path did I choose from own my business (to see crazy good results)?
You can see the answers to these questions and more in my latest podcast episode here.
100th Podcast Episode Giveaway
Not only are we talking about such an important topic on today’s episode, but I’ve also got something incredibly exciting to share with you!
I often get asked if I do one-on-one coaching and while I don’t have the bandwidth to add coaching to my business currently, in honor of my 100th episode I wanted to create something extra special. That’s why I’m giving one person the opportunity to get laser coaching from me in person, right here in San Diego, California.
If you are the winner, you get to come out to San Diego for the day where I will put you up at the Omni La Costa Resort and Spa right near my home. (You’re going to love it–it’s gorgeous.) Bright and early in the morning, we will meet in person and spend the day taking a deep dive into your entire business.
We’ll look at everything: your avatar, your messaging, your positioning, your products, programs, offers, list-building funnel, all of it. I will give you my insights, my feedback, and advice to help you take your business to the next level whether it be horizontal or vertical.
After we’re done and our brains are good and fried, we’ll go out to a fun dinner together and celebrate our accomplishments. Sound good?
How to Enter The 100th Episode Contest
- Make a short video (under 3 minutes) in which you tell me…
— What you do
— Why you would be a good candidate for a deep dive with me
— What you hope to get out of spending a day with me here in San Diego.
- Post your video on YouTube and enter the following in the description:
www.amyporterfield.com Amy Porterfield’s Online Marketing Made Easy Podcast Contest
- Post the link to your video in the comments on the blog below.
- If you want to take it one step further, share your video on social media with the link to our contest page (www.amyporterfield.com/100th_episode) and the hashtag #AmysCoachingGiveaway (Sharing your video on social media isn’t 100% necessary. I know some of you might feel like you don’t want to put yourself out there that much just yet. But I would really appreciate it if you did!)
Okay, those are the ground rules. If you want some real insight into how to make your entry as compelling and convincing as possible, keep reading…
Who Should Enter This Contest
My offer of coaching is good for someone with an established business that wants to up-level, but it’s also good for someone that’s just starting out.
As long as you’ve been in business for at least a year, you know what you want to offer, you’ve started to build out your foundation such as creating consistent content or you’ve got a blog or podcast, then you too are a good candidate for this contest. You don’t need to be well established in your business for me to choose you for this special opportunity.
Now here are some pointers for creating your entry:
- In the video you make, I want you to not just tell me about yourself, but really show me what you’re about. Get as creative and expressive as you feel comfortable.
- This isn’t a “technology” contest–I’m not going to pick somebody just because they used a lot of fancy video effects–but if video production is your jam, then go for it! Do whatever helps you express yourself the most.
- My team and I will select one winner based on your initiative, your willingness to put yourself out there, your enthusiasm, and your ability to communicate clearly what you do and what you want to get out of this time together.
- You have until Sunday March 6, to post your video.
- All video entries must be posted in the comments of these show notes by Sunday, March 6, at 11:59 p.m. PST.
- We will announce the winner on Monday, March 13, by putting it into the show notes here and, of course, contacting the winner. Aaaand I will probably be talking about it all around social media, because I’ll be way too excited to keep it inside!
Don’t Be Shy!
I know it’s a big step to put yourself out there with this whole video entry thing. But I really want to encourage you to do so! This opportunity to meet with me and put a laser focus on you and your business could be business-changing and life-changing! I promise I will make it worth your time.
I’d also like to take a minute to thank you immensely for following me on my journey of creating this podcast. It truly is one of the most favorite things I do inside my business. It has probably made the biggest impact in my ability to reach bigger audience and connect with you and grow my business overall.
Thank you so very much for letting me do what I love. I cannot wait to continue this podcast with more and more episodes about building your business and list building and webinars and all the cool stuff I get to talk about. Here’s to the next 100 episodes!
And I cannot wait to see what you create in your own business…starting with your videos!
CONTEST WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT:
Whoa! We were blown away by all the AMAZING entries. After spending all week reviewing each submission, we are so excited to announce that the winner of the all expense paid trip to San Diego for a one day Deep Dive with me is:
Christina, I cannot wait to connect with you in person to map out a plan to knock your business out of the park and get you home more with your sweet children. Please email Trivinia@amyporterfield.com to work out final details for your trip, which will happen later on this year.
But, there’s more…
With hundreds of submissions, I knew it would be hard to narrow this down. I’d love to spend a day with each of you! While we were able to come away with a clear winner, I did have a list of entrants that I wanted to offer something special to. So… if these folks would reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, we have a super fun idea that we’d like to run by you.
I want you ALL to hear this . . . I KNOW it was not easy to make a video and put yourself out there like that. I was so touched by the effort and vulnerability that went into each and every video. Many made me cry, many made my laugh and ALL of them touched my heart. Thank you for taking the time to share a little piece of yourself with me. Although I could only choose one winner, your video truly mattered to me!