On this episode of the Online Marketing Made Easy Podcast, I dive into launching your programs, your products, your services online. The great thing is that I dove into this extremely important conversation with the pioneer of all online marketing launches, Jeff Walker. Jeff is known for a system he created called The Product Launch Formula and is truly one of the top internet marketing experts and leaders.
He tells a great story of how he got started, and to get the full scoop, you’ll need to listen to the interview because I wouldn’t be able to do his story justice, so for now I’ll just say that before he started his first online business, he had never ran a business before. He had absolutely zero sales training and no marketing skills.
He jokes that he was always the kid that couldn’t sell more than one bag of donuts for the Boy Scouts fundraiser every year and that one bag was usually purchased by his parents. So as you can see, sales and marketing didn’t necessarily run in his blood from day one. He was an average guy who made an extraordinary impact on many people’s lives and continues to do so through his teachings. That’s why I am honored to have Jeff on the show today.
Before you listen to the interview, I want to share one more thing with you and that is that Jeff just wrote a book called, Launch: An Internet Millionaire’s Secret Formula To Sell Almost Anything Online, Build A Business You Love And Live The Life Of Your Dreams, and for a very limited time, you have an opportunity to get the book for free — you just have to pay for shipping and handling — and in addition to the free book, he’s throwing in a bunch of free bonuses. To get the free book and bonuses, go to amyporterfield.com/launch.
In this episode, here’s what we’ll cover:
- How I met Jeff and how my life changed as a result of meeting him
- Tony Robbins’ response to the information Jeff shared with him
- Jeff’s failure in the corporate world, and his stint as a stay-at-home dad
- The day Jeff’s wife’s cry for help shook him to his core
- The amazing story of how Jeff went from being unemployed and desperate to making a million dollars in less than an hour
- Success stories from those who started small and grew big
- How dropping hints can build anticipation before a launch
- The launch that brought Jeff’s wife home
- How Jeff figured out how launches work for many different types of industries
- How to know what your customers need from you
- Jeff’s view on your email list
- The decision I personally made that totally changed my business
- And so much more!
- Dropping hints about something to come is a great way to build anticipation before a launch
- Successful product launches aren’t magic, but are based on how the mind works, and pull people in
- Done right, people will eagerly anticipate your next move and look forward to everything you do
- There are 3 core sequences in a launch:
- Pre Pre- Launch, when you agitate the market and get people interested
- Pre-Launch, when you build value through videos, blog post, and social media
- Open Cart, when you actually start taking orders
- It’s important to find out what people’s hot buttons are and then create products that meet those needs
- There are three types of launches that part of the Product Launch Formula:
- Seed launches, when you start with no product (and in some cases no list) and you get paid before you even create the product
- Internal launches, where you do a launch just to your list
- JV launches, which are more complex and therefore should not be your first launch
- You must focus on building assets in your business, and the most important asset you can build is your email list