This is a new feature that I’ve added to my podcast. As I mentioned in episode 30, every other week I’ll answer your questions about online marketing, Facebook marketing, Facebook ads, webinars and email marketing.
To submit a question, all you need to do is go to amyporterfield.com/askamy and leave me a recorded message. Your question just might be the very next one I choose for the show!
Here’s the summary of the question for this episode:
“In episode 29 you talked about how to hyper-target your audience using Facebook ads, and you specifically talked about retargeting. Can you put retargeting ads in both the newsfeed and the right-hand column and if so, which option works best?”
- Retargeting ads use a tracking pixel that you’ve put on your website. You can set the pixel to track for 30, 60, or 90 days.
- Retargeting ads are great because they allow you to target the people that really care about your brand; they help you connect with your website visitors on Facebook.
- You CAN place retargeting ads in both the newsfeed and in the right hand column.
- It’s important to set up your retargeting ads in the Power Editor.
- I have better results with ads placed in the newsfeed, but it’s important to experiment to find out what works best for you.
- Lookalike audiences are very valuable but the results you get back from Facebook can be huge — as many as a couple of million people. To narrow down the results, when inside of the Power Editor, under the “Audience” tab, you can select age, gender and so on to target even further. In addition to that, you can further refine your targeting by indicating that they need to be a fan of at least one of the Pages you add to the interest section (again, under audience). See the image below for more details!