We don’t have to tell you – copy is important.
You understand the weight of words when inspiring people into action, communicating value, empowering big dreamers, driving sales, and so much more. (And honestly, the responsibility invigorates you.)
If you LOVE (yep, all caps) writing copy with personality that does all the above without ever sounding pushy or manipulative…
If you have a proven track record and plenty of experience writing for online businesses in the digital course arena…
Do we have a spot for you. :)
The quality of our copy is directly tied to our ability to get results from our marketing endeavors. This contract copywriting position will deliver high-converting copy assets ranging from ads and emails to sales and landing pages and everything in between.
Your #1 job will be to hit deadlines and produce quality copy that doesn’t just sound pretty, but that actually compels people to take action.
Our ideal contract copywriter is experienced and well-versed in industry best practices and doesn’t need much hand holding to create stellar copy collateral (though you DO love working with a savvy team and feedback is your friend). To say you’re committed to the craft would be an understatement.
You don’t base your copy on what simply sounds good, you base it off a deep understanding of a brand’s ideal audience, paired with conversion and persuasion principles.
Most importantly, you’re a bit of a “copy chameleon” — meaning you’ll have no problem familiarizing yourself with the Amy Porterfield brand voice and capturing Amy’s style, personality, tone, cadence, and vision in everything you write.
The thought of working with a dynamic and super talented team with BIG goals lights you up. As a contracted copywriter for Team Porterfield, you’ll be an integral part of a dedicated team that loves to have fun and make an impact in the lives of online entrepreneurs everywhere!
This contracted position reports directly to our Team Copywriter, while also working closely with the Marketing Team and other key members of Team Porterfield.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
A Contract Copywriter will be responsible for 10 – 15 hours per month of copy creation and optimization for both our paid and free offers including list building or affiliate endeavors, as well as our program, membership, and product launches both live and evergreen.
Your wheelhouse will also include research, idea generation, copyediting, and staying on top of all project deadlines.
You’ll be responsible for…
- Ideation and development: Working with our Team Copywriter and the Marketing team to bring attention grabbing ideas to the table, help develop hooks, concepts, frameworks, and strategies for our launches, new products, and other important marketing initiatives. We want you to understand and be a part of developing the bigger ‘WHY’ behind everything you write.
- Creating new copy assets: Working within brand voice to create or optimize the copy for our ads, landing pages, thank you pages, sales pages, sales sequences, welcome sequences, webinars, and more.
- Producing high-quality work that’s as close to perfect as possible — that means paying attention to the little things like impeccable spelling and grammar, and staying on brand.
- Working closely with our Team Copywriter, Project Managers, and Marketing Department to ensure copy assets are on track and big picture projects move forward within the estimated timeline.
- Being flexible and resourceful (with support from our team) when things change or don’t go as planned.
- Prioritizing projects based on established delivery dates.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
The ideal candidate possesses the following strengths and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, communications, or business is preferred.
- 5-7 years of sales focused copywriting for online brands, preferably in a comparable industry.
- Experience and proficiency writing high-converting sales pages, emails, and video scripts. (Seriously, you’ve got this stuff down to a science)
- You’re a great writer with a knack for simplifying big ideas, inspiring people into action, telling stories, coming up with new angles that support the overall marketing strategy and creating engaging copy that speaks to the specific struggles and desires of any audience.
- You understand the importance of keeping a consistent brand voice and always prioritize clear over clever — that said, you know how to write engaging personality driven copy that sounds like it’s coming from a bestie, not a business.
- Absolute mastery around all things email marketing (you could write irresistible subject lines in your sleep) and sales funnels.
- A strong understanding of the importance of high-quality copy that stands out in the digital marketing stratosphere and intimate knowledge of all the steps involved in the creation process.
- Juggling multiple projects and to-do’s simultaneously while still staying organized is no problem for you — you work well under pressure, meet deadlines and keep promises.
- Familiarity with list building, digital course creation, online launching, and self-development models already in the marketplace.
- Familiarity with Slack, Google Drive, Google Docs, Zoom, Asana, and Apple devices is a plus.
- Outstanding internal communication skills (both written and verbal) — you love working with a team and your communication style is clear, kind, and concise.
If you’d like to be considered for this role please submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application review will begin on September 20th, 2022.
- Link to your website
- Answer these questions in your email to us:
- Why do you want to work with us?
- Why are you the best person for this job?
- Provide an example of the best sales email you’ve ever written to sell a digital course or membership
- Any other copy sample(s) from web, paid advertisement, email, or other digital format that really shows your stuff
What We Do:
We empower entrepreneurs to build profitable online businesses that bring creative, professional and personal freedom.
In everything we do, we aim to inspire confidence and action. Our signature service is helping budding entrepreneurs break free in the areas of business that were once holding them back into new levels of joy and fulfillment. We give these entrepreneurs tangible proof that small actions every day will ultimately build a business worth creating and a life guided by their own design.
We lead a fun-loving culture and a dedicated team that is committed to excellence. We always find the upside to any situation and maintains the strength and flexibility to change course as our business evolves.
You might know Amy Porterfield from her top-rated “Online Marketing Made Easy” podcast, or from the courses and webinars she offers to help entrepreneurs build their business through social media and online marketing strategies. To learn more about our fearless leader, check out the details here.
Our team is ambitious (always striving for excellence), hungry (competitive to the core; always wanting to be at the top) and enthusiastic (always excited about the work we are doing.)
We do whatever it takes to get the job done.
→ “That’s not my job” is not part of our vocabulary.
→ Since we are a small, but mighty team, we jump in where needed and are not afraid to get our hands dirty in the details.
→ We do whatever it takes to do the best we can in our specific roles.
When it comes to our customers and community, we lead with compassion.
→ We understand that everyone is doing the very best they can in the moment.
→ We subscribe to the belief that everyone we connect with is fighting their own battle we know nothing about.
→ We believe that compassion and kindness are exactly what they need to keep moving forward.
We are all coachable.
→ We are willing to make mistakes, learn from them quickly and continue to grow.
→ We put down our defenses, take a moment to process, take the feedback and run with it.
We each take complete ownership of our roles.
→ Never will you see us pass off our job or project to someone else.
→ Although we know we can always ask for help, we keep our own monkeys.
→ We each feel extreme pride in the work we are doing and we own our projects like a boss.
We are resourceful to the core. You will never hear us say it can’t be done. We will find a way.
→ We are creative, strategic and thoughtful in our actions. We believe there is always a way to make it work and we will do the digging to figure it out.
→ We don’t expect others on the team to tell us what to do or how to do it. We always help each other out when needed, but ultimately, when needed, we do the work to figure things out.
We laugh . . . a lot.
→ We genuinely like working with each other, so finding the fun in the moment, even when things are tough, it is just part of our culture.